Thursday, May 19, 2016

Interactive Notebook- THEME

Theme is one of many topics in literature that is taught in elementary and continued to be taught throughout higher education. Theme is the core message that connects the reader with the writer, with the character, with the world. Teaching about theme was difficult this year. Many students either got it instantly or never seemed to completely understand it. I am hoping this interactive notebook chart changes that next year.
I based this on several I have seen floating around the internet, and the only thing I really changed was the look of it.


I am going to show the students my version and then let them make their own charts based on the information. My thought with the interactive notebooks is that if they are drawing and coloring, the information will stick better than if it is straight off of a Power point.

No comments:

Post a Comment